Sunday, July 4, 2010

About Us


This is us:



We have both lost loved ones and watched other loved ones battle with cancer. Nick decided to ride in Pelotonia in memory of those we lost, and in honor of those that fought and have survived.

Nick's riding in memory of

Nick's Grandfather, Augustar
Nick's Aunt, Gloria
My Aunt, Willma
My Aunt, Dorothy
Our friend Carrie's Mom, Janice

Nick's riding in honor of

Our friend Kate's Mom, Ann who is a breast cancer survivor
My oldest friend, Wendy who is a Hodgkin's Disease survivor
Our friend, Lisa who is a breast cancer survivor
My Uncle, Kenny, who is a liver cancer survivor
Nick's friend, Connie

That's way too many people. It's true that medical technology is getting better and better, and so much progress has been made in the last several decades. But, it's not enough and the research that leads to such progress can't stop. The loved ones we know that have fought the cancer fight deserve to know that there are people out there that support the research that will one day rid the world of cancer completely.

Nick will be riding the 43 mile leg of Pelotonia on Saturday, August 21st with the Ohio State Athletics Pelotonia Team. We'd like to have all of his fundraising goals reached by then!

We don't have a ton of money. But what we do have, along with your help, can make a difference. Nick's pledged to raise $1000. And, the easiest way for me to help him with that goal is to do what I can do...crochet. I've been crocheting for almost 4 years and hats are what I can make the quickest and the most of in a short amount of time. So, hats it is!

Scroll down to the "The Goods" entry to see how you can donate and get yourself a handmade-by-me hat for your donation.


No comments:

Post a Comment